Skip to main content

Report an Incident or Violation

How to Report Incidents of Possible Policy Violations

Please review the Residential Code of Conduct if you have any questions.

To report, please submit an incident report to

Or, see a hall staff member who can assist you in reporting.

Resources and Reporting Options for Sexual Harassment or Sexual Violence


Please note that hall staff are not confidential and are required to report issues brought to their attention related to sexual harassment and sexual violence and other types of crimes. There are places on campus, however, where a student can seek resources and receive confidential advice regarding reporting options.  

Obtain Confidential Advice or Report a Sexual Assault or Case of Gendered Violence

The Confidential Care Advocate provides affirming, empowering, and confidential support for survivors and those who have experienced gendered violence, including: sexual harassment, dating and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and sexual exploitation. Advocates bring a non-judgmental, caring approach to exploring all options, rights, and resources.

You can set up an appointment with the Advocate by calling 510.642.1988. For a comprehensive list of resources and reporting options related to Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence, see:

Obtain Confidential Advice for General Issues

If you would like to obtain advice in confidence, the Ombuds Office for Students(link is external) will provide impartial and confidential advice in sorting through a campus-related conflict or concern. The Ombudsperson will listen to your concerns, serve as a sounding board, discuss your options with you, and help you determine next steps. The office is strictly confidential, except where there appears to be imminent risk of serious harm or danger.

Additional Resources

For more information regarding residential conduct, please email:

Below are additional resources.

ASUC Student Advocate’s Office 

The ASUC Student Advocate’s Office (SAO) — effectively the campus public defender — is an executive, non-partisan office of the student government at UC Berkeley. We offer representation, help, and advice to any student or student group involved in a dispute with the University.

Center for Student Conduct

The Center for Student Conduct supports the mission of the University of California, Berkeley by objectively and efficiently administering our Code of Student Conduct; promoting academic integrity; balancing individual and community interests in order to encourage student accountability; and connecting students to resources that foster student success.

Office for the Prevention of Harassment & Discrimination

The Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD) is responsible for ensuring the University provides an environment for faculty, staff and students that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of categories including race, color national origin, gender, age and sexual orientation/identity.

The OPHD Office has the specific responsibility for providing prompt and effective responses to all complaints of sex discrimination or harassment for faculty, staff and students. The Office also responds to concerns from faculty and students regarding other forms of discrimination as covered by University Nondiscrimination policies — such as, age, religion, national origin, etc.

University Health Services (Tang Center) Social Services

The University Health Services confidential counseling services are topic specific and aim to help students strengthen coping skills, problem solve and identify resources. Social Services is open to all registered UC Berkeley students regardless of your insurance plan.

Cal Rentals

UC Berkeley offers a rental-listing service called Cal Rentals, providing information and advising for students, faculty and staff, and UC Berkeley affiliates looking for off-campus housing. The service is free for students.